Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Day Without Technology

So, I completed the challenge. I went 24 hours without modern technology. From 5pm yesterday until 5pm today I didn't use my cellphone, iPod, computer, TV, camera, video camera, or video games. There were some drawbacks, but also some pluses, so I'm going to make you guys a neat little list to tell you about it :D :

Good Things
- I did my homework at a decent time
- I read a lot in a book I've been trying to finish for awhile now
- I started writing a story with my friend that we've been meaning to write for awhile now.
- I went to bed at a decent time.
- I practiced my guitar.
- I cleaned my room.
- I was allowed to use a CD player, and became very thankful for my recent obsession with owning hard copies of CDs instead of digital ones.

Bad Things
- I constantly wanted to check Twitter, but I couldn't.
- I constantly wanted to tweet things, but I couldn't.
- I could hear the TV show my brother was watching. I wanted to watch to, but I couldn't.
- In two of my classes today we watched movies. We were allowed to cheat if it was for school, but I still felt bad.
- My sister enjoyed teasing me. "You should take a picture of this! Oh wait, YOU CAN'T!"
- I like knowing what time it is at all times. Instead of just checking my phone, I had to find a clock.
- When I was at my friend's house, instead of her calling me to let me know she was on her way to pick me up, I had to wait outside.
- I felt disconnect from my friends.
- I couldn't continue the chapter of my story I've been typing.

So in the end, I learned just how much I rely on technology. But I also learned that I can live without it. But one things for sure: I don't ever want to do it again.

That's all for now <3
-Brennah

No comments:

Post a Comment