Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Technology

So today in English class we were given an assignment that seems almost impossible for a group of 14-15 year olds to complete: Go 24 hours with technology. That means no cellphones, iPods, computers, TVs, video games, and cameras. And the assignment isn't optional. We have one week to complete the task and then reflect on it.

My first reaction was total shock. Seriously, how was I going to survive without technology? The majority of my day is spent on the computer, I'm constantly checking twitter and facebook on my iPod touch, and my cellphone is always in my pocket so I can answer texts, calls, and emails. What was I supposed to do all day? Sleep?

But then I started thinking about how good this could be for me. Maybe on this technology free day I'll actually do my math homework before 9 PM, or spend some time outside enjoying this gorgeous weather that we are finally getting.

Bottom line is, as much as not having technology for a day is going to suck, I'm going to try. And who knows, maybe something good will come out of it.

That's all for now <3
-Brennah

No comments:

Post a Comment